Saturday, February 23, 2008

If I was Damon Jones/Delonte West/Mike Brown last night.

Here are my thoughts on the Cavaliers/ Wizards game last night.

Because of the limited number of players available to the Cavaliers because of the trade discussed in my last post, they called up Damon Jones from the D-League to come play. Well many thought he would come up to play and then get sent back down once the trade becomes official and the players involved can begin playing. Well Damon had other ideas and he lit up the floor for 27 points (4 off his career high).He was amazing from beyond the arc, going 7 of 11 form 3-point land.

If I'm Delonte West, the heir to the PG throne, I'm thinking "O crap, this kid can play, He might just get that starting spot"

If I'm Damon Jones I'm thinking "Don't be giving this position away, If I get the opportunity to to play a full game, I can light it up. So don't even think about sending me back to the D-league, I'm developed enough"

If I'm Mike Brown I'm thinking "Wow, this guy can play, I need to keep him here and get him in the starting lineup"

If I'm Lebron James I'm thinking "Wow, this kid CAN PLAY, and they better keep him in here because I need some help with this team and he can contribute."


Ah, I love role playing
So anyway, great game by Damon Jones, who may earn a starting spot with this team making a run to the playoffs.

No comments: